Ballantine Castings Ltd.’s Quality Policy is to achieve sustained growth by providing services which consistently satisfy the needs and expectations of its customers. The scope of the quality management system applies to the manufacture of all castings across all metal grades and industry sectors currently served.
This level of quality is achieved through adoption of a system of procedures that reflect the competence of the Company to existing customers, potential customers, and independent auditing authorities. This system relates to all activities carried out in Ballantine Castings Ltd. that determine quality, and lays down guidelines within which Ballantine Castings can operate. This statement is orientated towards reduction, elimination and prevention of product defects in conjunction with the detection and resolving of product defects.
The scope of the QMS applies to the manufacture of engineering castings, ornamental castings, architectural castings, railway switch and crossing castings and drainage castings. There may also be one off commissioned projects that fall under this system. These castings cover a range of both grey and ductile irons.
Achievement of this policy involves all staff, who are individually responsible for the quality of their work, resulting in a continually improving working environment for all. This policy is provided and explained to each employee by the Managing Director or upon employee inductions. Any changes to the policy thereof are made aware to staff via line management.
To achieve and maintain the required level of assurance the Managing Director retains responsibility for the Quality System with routine operation controlled by the Operations Manager.
The objectives of the Quality Management System are:
- To maintain an effective Quality Management System complying with the relevant international standards
- To achieve and maintain a level of quality which enhances the Company’s reputation with customers.
- To achieve a 100% right first time methodology in regards to dimensional accuracy, metallurgical composition and surface finish with all castings across every department.
- To ensure compliance with relevant statutory and safety requirements.
- To endeavour, at all times, to maximize customer satisfaction with the services provided by Ballantine Castings Ltd.
- To ensure control methodologies are in place and effective.
- To ensure adequate resources are available (including competent personnel)
- To ensure non-conformities are prevented.
The policy is reviewed by Management on an annual basis to ensure it is in keeping with the Company’s aims and business requirements.